Tuesday, May 3, 2011

"Turn up the lights in here baby, Extra bright, I want y'all to see this"

I saw Beyonce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously.

I. Saw. Beyonce. In Real Life.

Let me explain...

I have a tendency to find out about things happening in the city and just blow it off. Yesterday, I was bitching about the Kid Sister/Pusha T show, Vashtie Kola's b-day bash and Lupe's THREE gigs that I missed last week because of various BS reasons. That, on top of me missing Kelis, Nas, MIA, and Nina Sky all doing shows for less than $20 a few months ago had brought me to the conclusion that I needed to get it together. I told my sister how much I end up regretting it every time I missed/skipped something and I said I wouldn't do it again.

As soon as we got off the train in BK from a shopping trip to the city, I saw, on Twitter, a photo of Beyonce and Jay-Z arriving at the Met museum. I had remembered blogging (tumblr) about Daphne Guinness doing some performance art piece in the window of a store on 5th Ave for the Alexander McQueen exhibit that the museum was doing. I eventually put two and two together and hauled ass back to Manhattan.

I wasn't convinced that we'd (me and my sis) actually get anywhere near the museum, let alone close enough to see anything....Thank God I was wrong. As soon as we got to Park Avenue we could see the lights. If Kanye's song would've been playing, it would have been thee perfect moment. We literally ran..full speed...an entire block.




There was a crowd of folks just like us standing across from the red carpet. We found a spot and started going nuts. My memory of what happened after that is just as blurry as the pictures I attempted to take with my shitty camera.

The first person I spotted was Keri Hilson. She looked like a bonafide white woman. She was beautiful. I just thought she was a white lady at first. She was actually standing with a guy at the curb waiting for her car. After that, I saw everyone.

Marc Jacobs
Vera Wang
Diane Von Furstenburg
Naomi Campbell and Iman left together
Chanel Iman
Zoe Saldana (fucking gorgeous times a bajillion)
Kristen Stewart
Gisele and Tom Brady
Cassie
John Legend and his girl
LA Reid
Rachel Roy and Amare Stoudemire were together (I guess for their new line)
Carolina Herrara ( I got a pic)
Grace (the bossiest chick in the fash mag game)
Swizz Beatz ( we couldn't make out Alicia)
Carmelo Anthony and Lala (they got in a Maybach with suicide/butterfly/whateverthefuck doors)
Yoko Ono
Dakota Fanning
Leighton Meester (who was really bubbly and actually walked alongside the crowd and down the street to her car with....
Chace Fucking Crawford! (no words.)
Fergie
Pat McGrath

and....

the most memorable ones of the night

Sarah Jessica Parker
Rihanna
Pharell
Beyonce and Jay Z

I'm done.

No comments: