Tuesday, May 31, 2011

"My heart is like a marching band, I'm a fan in the stands...."

I never grow old of seeing new talent and right now, I'm honored to say that I'm surrounded by it. There are so many people that I come in contact with that are just ridiculously creative and who are obviously going places (or at least going super hard trying to). And in the middle of it all is me, either silently or obnoxiously rooting (sp?) for my fellow create-my-own-path'ers.

Here's a few:



Cash


Her name says it all. The girls' about her paper. Biology major/two job worker/aspiring model.  She invited lil 'ol me to watch her on her first shoot with this BOSSY (and I do mean bossy) photographer Anthony Parmalee about a week ago. Honey killed. I can't wait to watch her career grow. Whichever one she chooses to roll with.











Alex

Mix equal parts Spanish blood + Marilyn Manson + bass guitar +Brooklyn pride, then sprinkle a little MGMT on top and you have Alex (aka Long Hair, Don't Care) of the Positive View. He's another dope kid I've met since I've been here.  He and his bandmates are like the cool kid version of like the Jonas Brothers or something. Mad teeny bopper bitches are gonna fall in love with them soon. I got to see them in action at their first show and I was so proud. I had a blast.











Asia

When I first got here, and I was working at that job that mad me suicidal, I met Asia.  She was like that cool older chick in high school that I always aspired to be like in a way.  I just thought she was the dopest of the dope (for lack of better words). She had a natural fro-hawk, a FIT education, a serious boyfriend she was madly in love with  and a Brooklyn toughness about her that made people think twice before saying some slick shit about her.  And on top of that, she had an online boutique. OMGeezers.  I thought I was going to talk her head off about (then named) Purple Chocolate. She specialized in knit and crochet accessories. When our work schedule started to interfere with her ability to complete orders, she considered closing the store and I nearly had a meltdown.  Thank God, she didn't do it. Instead, she quit the bullshit job (I, right along with her) and revamped the etsy shop. It is now called Hooks and Halo's and she added jewelry to the store as well. Check it out and support this handmade line of goods : http://www.etsy.com/shop/HooksandHalos?ref=pr_shop_more




I'm sure I'm leaving out people but,...I'm tired. It's after midnight and I gots shit to do in the AM. Part two coming soon though.

No comments: