Thursday, May 5, 2011

"walk, walk fashion, baby"

Normal Gets You Nowhere

   It's offical. Head bitch in charge, Kelly Cutrone, told me so. Well, me and about a million other folks in the form of her new book with that title.

   I lovethisbitchdotcom. I can't even really put it into words. She is another one of those women who makes her own rules that I love. She does nothing 'by the book'. She has mastered the art of balancing all of the contradicting personality traits that comes with being a woman.  She's tough, bold, painfully honest, compassionate, opinionated, creative, and she says "fucking" almost as much as I do.

   As far as what she 'does'...she's like the fairy godmother of fashion kids. Technically, she's a PoweR bitch, a PR head honcho in the fashion world. She owns People's Revolution, a fashion PR company that represents alot of boss ass fashion lines (Jeffrey Campbell included). She's also had her own show on Bravo (Kell on Earth) and was always on The City with Whitney Port.

   I read her first book, If You Have To Cry Go Outside and I fell in love. I bought it on the Barnes and Noble app I had and I will never do that again. I purchased the thing on my old iPod Touch but when I got my iPhone, the purchase was lost. Anyways, back to the story. The book was fucking awesome. It was the story of her life, in a nutshell. It was full of advice about how to manuever through life and handle some of the bullshit situations you often find yourself in.

I need to read that book again.

   Well, she had a book reading/signing at the Barnes and Noble in Tribeca yesterday and I actually went. I could've shit myself. I was so stoked. She showed up in all black, of course, and gave me (and everyone else there) a free session, in the form of a q & a.  I was too fucking nervous to ask my burning question of "what the fuck do I do next? And how do I shut up that little bitch in the back of my head that keeps telling me that maybe I don't have what it takes?"....I know.

   Nonetheless, I pulled some inspiration and guideance from the event. I even caught alot of it on my phone and will attempt to post it as well (but we know how that goes).

Meantime, I'm gonna let my freak flag flow.

No comments: