Tuesday, October 25, 2011

"Yellow Diamonds In the Light..."





..in a hopeless place


Today I wrote two poems, crocheted a scarf and kinda plotted out a few things I want to make for myself.

I did all of this in Green Goblin-colored eyeshadow and a Rosie the Riveter hair do.


I told my sister that my creative side was either dying a slow miserable death or plotting to kill my noncreative self. I mean, I didn't exactly use those words but I did tell her that I needed to go make some shit before my insides explode. Hell, I haven't written a poem since I had to sneak to wear mascara and colored lip gloss.  I didnt even think I still had it in me.  Shit just started coming to me randomly on the train so I decided to jot it down and before I knew it, I had 2 done.  Neither one is really about any one thing in particular but it felt good to do it anyways.

The scarf is for one of my NYC buddies and I am almost tempted to not give it to her seeing as I am falling in love with it. I made this same buddy go with me to some bead/trim stores in the city  last week and now I have decided that I will, from now on, make most of the shit I wear. Chill, it wasn't just some bead stores that got me thinking that. I'm in the process of making garments from scratch at school anyways.  Why not take the shit I learn and apply it to real life, right?......Right?

.....We shall see how long this lasts.

I will let you know once it actually begins ;)

No comments: