Monday, October 17, 2011

Anna Karina

Timeless Beauty.

I can't take how glam this woman is.
I'm actually quite pissed I'm just now finding out about Anna Karina.

I got a gig last week to do hair for a music video and when the director sent me notes on the inspiration behind the looks for the shoot, of course I went all 'method-actor' and started obsessing.  The looks were supposed to be along the lines of French New Wave films, which, at the time, I hadn't a clue about.  Google and Netflix took care of that for me. I found a list of some of the most popular FNW films and tried to plug them into Netflix to watch instantly.  Of course, none of the popular films were available but one film that was recommended caught my attention. I watched 'A Woman is a Woman' and fell in love. 

Every single thing about the film was beautiful, visually.  This is when and where I discovered Anna Karina.  She had me as soon as I saw the thick winged eyeliner.  I have since been searching for as many images and film clips of hers that I can find online.  She makes me want to pursue my feminine side ;)






No comments: