Sunday, October 16, 2011

Inspiration

I love the Fall.  I feel like every Fall represents a new beginning for me.  Its like one chapter inevitably comes to an end and another one begins...whether I like it or not.  I have been doing a lot with my 'hair' stuff (wix.com/pistolsandpetals/andrita) but I just got to a point within the last week where I just felt....done.  Not in a I-dont-want-to-do-this-anymore kind of way.  More like a what-is-the-next-step situation.

I have always been a goal oriented person and that has helped give structure and discipline to an ADHD, consistently mindfucked person such as myself.  But I just got into a confused state of mind and didnt know what my next steps should be in advancing my career and pursuing my dreams. 

My inspiration was a little askew.  The little shit I used to do to feel inspired and the places I used to look for inspiration wasn't cutting it.  Shit wasn't enough.  I needed something new, something stronger, something maybe more meaningful or thought provoking or something.

Thanks to Netflix, an indie music video director, Pandora, 2 completely OFF-days and a tube of black lipstick, I have gotten some inspiration. More specifically, iconic and classic film, art, literature and music legends have helped me get back into the groove.

Jean-Michel Basquiat.
Anna Karina.
Donald Goines.
Miles Davis.

Don't be surprised if I'm on some weird shit for the next few weeks or months; I am now unofficially in an alternate time zone. 

No comments: