Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Lipstick and Labels


I am profoundly inspired and proud to see so many positive things starting to come out of Detroit.

You have no idea...

Or maybe you do.


After perusing a stylish friends Facebook list of 'Subscriptions', I came across a familiar name. It was the owner of a blog I used to follow like crazy a few years ago (www.ThoseGirlsAreWild.com, anyone?).  I checked in to see what they'd been into and after a few re-directs I found an article on The Lip Bar.

OMG.

The Lip Bar (http://thelipbar.com/store) is a cosmetics company that specializes in bold and highly pigmented limited edition lipsticks. The owner, Melissa Butler, is a Detroit native who dabbled on Wall Street for a bit before realizing her true passion and having the gall to pursue it.

The end results are amazing. I love the sleek detailed packaging and the overall branding of The Lip Bar.  From what I've read, it seems as if the brand operates in the same fashion as say, an OPI.  They launch collections in covetable hues that are only available for purchase through the manufacturer for a limited time.  After that, the shade is gone and so are your chances of getting your hands on it.

I love it.  I've recently become obsessed with Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetic's Lip Tar, but I think The Lip Bar might take the top spot.  After all, it has the Detroit advantage.




Also, my superstalker eyes spotted that the visuals for The Lip Bar were provided by The Art Direction, which is another Detroit entity on the come up.  The Art Direction is led by Dante Marshall, a sick photographer who's been published in numerous magazines and has done a lot of promo work for Big Sean, ANOTHER Detroit player.

I LOVE it!

#BestCityInTheWholeWideWorld

http://vimeo.com/37156506

link:
EDGE Style Report: The Lipbar


No comments: