Thursday, March 1, 2012

"I Mirror the Life of a Millionaire..."


"And I’m sorry if this planet that I’m living on is quizzical
My lyrical ambitions sometimes don’t ring a bell
I’m sorry if my visual don’t line up with my feelings
And my physical exhibit doesn’t represent me well
I’m sorry if I’m curious, delirious, and I don’t take life serious
I mirror the life of a millionaire
I’m sorry if I’m talking shit
But I really do mean well"
-God Given Name, Solange

This song has always struck a special chord with me.  It doesn't always seem like people get where I'm coming from when I go off the bohemian deep end and start talking that shit but its cool, I don't really expect everyone to get it.  Some people are so wrapped up in the ways of the world that they forget the power they have over their own lives and happiness.  I just pray I never become like that.

You know that saying, Work smarter not harder? Well, I've been doing exactly the opposite for the first two months of 2012.  I have been hustling backwards, my friends.    So I had to do something about this retardation.  I don't actually have a legit plan yet but I've begun planting some seeds that will get me back on track in no time. I'm starting to also focus on my happiness and ownership over my life.  

I want to honestly be able to say that I run MY world.  I want to be happy and fulfilled with the choices and moves I make in life, even if they are standing next to those of some Beyonce-type.  My goal is to make sure that my time here on earth isn't wasted, taken for granted or miserable in any form.  

That's my newest priority.  

Wish me luck 


No comments: