Monday, November 7, 2011

"Wait, is it possible... that they're gunning for me?"



"Im an alien from outer space

A Cyber girl without a face,
a heart,
or a mind"

distractions and inspirations.


everytime I blink my eyes my mind is being pulled in a different direction. I have been working on trying to Dee-Bo my way into a real entreprenuerial career lately. While at the fashion house I work for ("assisting" aka blogging), I realized that I may really want to self publish a book. I started writing a fiction novel when I was, like, in the eighth grade in a Mead notebook but I deaded that shit like I do with most of my bright ideas. Now, fifty years later, I think I'd like to pick back up where I left off. My dad would so be shaking his head at me right now if I told him this :). Clearly I am the directionless, overly ambitious child. I can't help it. And I don't want to.

I started my latest course at FIT recently(Flat Pattern Design- don't ask me what that is, thats why I'm there lol....it's patternmaking). Very interesting to be there with all the newcomers (Fall semester fresh-meat). I was equally inspired and annoyed by them lol. I do NOT fit in. And I dont mean that in a cool way, either. I think that my twenties are panning out to be how normal peoples high school years go. Except I don't really mesh with the jocks OR the nerds lol. I'm bugging. Twenty-four and I embody Jeanine Garafalo's character in Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion. I'm the foul-mouthed, all-black-wearing girl smoking cigarettes behind the bleachers. Minus the cigarettes....well, and the bleachers.


Fitting in is for losers anyways. 

No comments: