Monday, November 21, 2011

"If you let me, here's what I'll do...I'll.Take.Care.Of.You"

My best friend in life (Drizzy Drake) has spoken to me once again. I've been listening to Take Care (the single and the album) obsessively for the past few days and I am very proud of my guy. I'll probably be writing about the tracks off the album in the near future but right now I'm too in love with 'Take Care' featuring Rihanna. The song samples the late Gil Scott Heron's original and it does it justice, in my humble opinion. Its so relative. This is how I know Drake really is my best friend- he always gives me something to mellow out to right when I need it....

I've asked about you
and they told me things
but my mind didnt change
I still feel the same

When you keep hearing the same thing about someone or something, its usually safe to assume that its at least halfway true. Reputations exist for a reason and a lot of a persons actions are a direct contribution to their own. That's the easy part.

But what about that other half?

And what about when you can't help but wonder about that small glimmer of hope that a person, or situation even, isn't all that bad? Fuck if I know. That's why I have Drake in my life.

They don't get you like I will
My only wish is I die real
Cuz that truth hurts
and those lie's heal

Its a natural desire for a girl to want to feel/believe that she is the exception. We should be, actually, now that I think about it. Every woman has things about her that are special and unique and deserving of being treated as such.

I know you've been hurt
by someone else
I can tell by the way
that you carry yourself

Obviously the experiences we have in life shape us into the people that we present ourselves to the world as. Some people just can't help the fact they've had experiences that have shaped them into an asshole. So when you are pretty sure that this is the case, should you give them a free pass? Like, ok, you're clearly only acting like that because you are damaged in some way, like everyone else, except you choose to carry your baggage around on your shoulders 24/7?

Maybe this is a case of the pot calling the kettle, but thats a whole 'nother story.

Its my birthday
I get high if I want to
Cant deny that I want you
But I'll lie if I have to

So is it worth risking your heart in hopes of possibly saving someone else's?  Especially when yours isn't exactly in tip top shape itself? Not bloody likely.
 




No comments: