Thursday, September 2, 2010

Tell meeee whats really goin on?!?


Photobucket
its official. im here. brooklyn, to be exact. not sure how permanent this will be but for the moment, this is what it is. im enjoying it. my spot is niiice. my block is sandwiched between a block that is all arabic, a block that is all chinese and then a few blocks with a bunch of latinas and italians coming from every whichaway. im by the R train. theres this pier thingy a few blocks over by the Verazzano bridge (the bridge that connects you to Staten Island) and i can see the Statue of Liberty from there. thats how close i am to manhattan.

it has been so frickin hot out. why didnt anyone give me a heads up on the heat wave? furthermore, and more importantly, why wasnt i informed that no one besides rich folks have central ac? im not joking. NO ONE in this town has central air. F*ck those little air conditioners that sit in the window! They didnt put this in the brochure lol! i think my skin is having some kind of freak reaction to it. theres like a milion little bumps on my face that you cant actually see, but i can feel them when i rub my face. ew.

So far, i have spent every waking second of my time with my family. My sister came to ny to help me get settled in. soooo thankful. absolutely would not have gotten it done without her. she helped me clean up, organize and unload all my crap. To be such a teeny little place, it was alot that needed to be done.

Photobucket

Still, i did manage to have *some* fun. over in my hood, we found this little cheapie store called Nothing Fits, right? i thought it was going to be like a Rainbow or Simply Fashions or some shit. it.was.not. dont get me wrong, the stuff was definitely cheap but it was soooooooooooooo cute. it was cheap shit that didnt look like cheap shit. i was impressed.

then, we went to soho. i love soho. i love soho so much that I told my sister I was gonna name my first boychild Bleecker (after the street that marc jacobs' store is on). Speaking of which, I actually bought some marc jacobs gloves monday. theyre these black and green freddy kruger-esque fingerless joints. i cant wait for it to be that perfect temperature for me to wear them. we also stopped by the infamous magnolia bakery during our time in soho. delicioso, as Dora would say lol. if u ever come visit me, u will not be allowed to return home without having had a cupcake from here. square bidness.
Photobucket


we walked for literally seven whole hours on monday. we were all over the damn place. we ended up over by 42nd street/times square and i almost had a damn conniption when i saw THEE Forever 21. i had almost forgot that that was the reason i wanted to go to times square to begin with! that F21 is the largest one in the universe (i may be wrong, but let me have that one for this story's sake, k?). I walk in and immediately I whip out my iphone to start snapping away. then this rentacop (in a very nice suit, might i add) was all like "honey, u cant take pictures in here". bumbaclout.


my aunt and my sister were looking at me like i was crazy; they didnt understand. anyways, when u first walk in it appears to be just one-floored store. Decor? all white everything. super sleek. then as u move into the store, u see the escalators. all of the FOUR floors are below the first floor. call me a dork, but i thought that shit was dope. that was pretty much the highlight for me. i saw a trillion and one things that i cant wait to get my pretty little fingers on.

today i went to the main NYC library. u know, the one where carrie almost married Big (i think)? it was gooorrrggeeeooouussss. i can clearly see why it would be wedding material. the nyc library system is boss. im probably a bit biased because they had most of the books that i need for this semesters courses so im happy. i aint buying a *********** thang for fall classes.

Photobucket
Photobucket
anyways, today is actually the first night im staying at my place alone. my mom asked me like forty times if i was scared and i said no each time but idk. my doors are steel. i have bars on all of my windows.

Photobucket
theres more reason for me to be afraid of not being able to get the hell OUT of here than there is for me to be afraid of someone getting in. i cant lie though, i have this fear that im gonna look up and theres gonna be a big, nasty, gangsta ass rat in my place one day and im not gonna know what to do other than grab my keys and gtfoh!


that is all
:)

No comments: