Thursday, June 14, 2012

Random acts of Poetry: A.M.E.






Strong as whiskey
Smile every time your lips kiss me
Your loves warm
Can't imagine life if you weren't with me
You set the proper tone
For a young girl to follow her own
Empowered me more than any that I've ever known
Sometimes I wonder if I make you proud
Just know I'm doing everything to show you how
I may not say it much but I felt that I should say it now
When anyone looks at you they should automatically take a bow

I love you




*I wrote this around Mother's Day while thinking about how blessed I am to have this broad in my life ;).  My thoughts were actually more so along the lines of how I CANNOT in any way, shape or form understand how people go on with their lives after losing a parent that they were actually close to. It blows my mind completely.  I'd be dead or in a mental institution if I had to go through that. I am immensely confuzzled by their source of strength.

No comments: