Friday, July 5, 2013

"And I feel like I just got home..."


I really wish I had wrote about this as soon as I saw it for the first time.  I don't think I've ever been so excited about anything in my entire life.  EVER.  

Me. ME. FUCKING ME! In Vogue.  Vogue Thailand, to be exact.

I grew up obsessing over magazines and dreaming of somehow working within the realms of those pages. I'm just a black girl from Detroit with tunnel vision dreams of pursuing any and every thing that will warrant a life of happiness and fulfillment. Thats it.

I wasn't blessed with connects or silver spoons.  Just a loving family and friends who believe in me. I've spent a great deal of time testing a shitload of different avenues to get me towards the life that I want and while most of them inevitably led to dead ends, they also ALL contributed to this exact point in my life.

Don't get me wrong, I certainly have a long road ahead of me but I dont want to glaze over this moment.  I want to stop, enjoy and appreciate this milestone moment.  I said I wouldn't allow myself to NOT celebrate the things in my life that make me happy or proud of my journey. 'Cuz if *I* don't, surely no one else will.

And thats all.









Faster than the speeding light she's flying
Trying to remember where it all began
Shes got herself a little piece of heaven
Waiting for the time when earth shall be as one

No comments: