Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Don't Even Ask Me



"I wouldn't know what to do with another chance 
If you gave it to me 
I couldn't take the embrace of a real romance 
It'd race right through me 
I'm much better off the way things are 
Much much better off, better by far, by far 
I wouldn't know what to say to a gentle voice 
It'd roll right past me 
And if you chalk it up you'll see I don't really have a choice 
So don't even ask me 
I'm much better off, the way things are 
Much much better off, better by far 
So keep on calling me names, keep on, keep on 
And I'll keep kicking the crap till it's gone 
If you keep on killing, you could get me to settle 
And as soon as I settle, I bet I'll be 
Able to move on 
How can I fight, when we're on the same side 
How can I fight beside you"- Fiona Apple, The Way Things Are

    On one hand its weird to reject the lovely nuances of romance and the state of being in love.  On the other hand, its not like God himself descended from the heavens and required that you do. And just because you are born with a certain genitalia doesn't mean that you have to lean one way more than the other.

I'on know, man.
Forget it.



No comments: