Sunday, December 30, 2012

All Apologies


...On What I Learned This Year




The end of the year, right? So I 'm supposed to reminisce on all of the good and bad of this year and make plans for the next, huh?

I guess...

Ive grown out of New Years resolutions a long time ago and I 'd rather forget about 2012 than sit and dwell on it.  

It is a widely held truth that we should take from the current year lessons that will make us better in the new year. But I 'm kinda in an interesting position.  The most significant lesson - the most affluent theme- of my year has been "Use it".  

As in, "You already know (knew) that, now just use it."  

Like the hardheaded sonofabitch that I am, I have repeatedly found myself in situations this year where I 've gone against my better judgement (JUST FOR THE SAKE OF GOING AGAINST MY BETTER JUDGEMENT-might I add) only to have things blow up in my face.  And then the little devil that lives on my right shoulder laughs at me hysterically and does the Grace Adler "Told Ya So" dance.  

So, in short, this year was NOT about learning anything new. It was about taking heed to the shit I already knew.  

If I sit and think of all the things that I could have done differently or improved upon or blah, blah, blah they would all share the common denominator of me just scaling back and abiding by my already established/tested/tried-and-true set of guidelines to life.  

No comments: