Sunday, July 24, 2011

What kind of fuckery is this?

Can't believe you played me out like this....







I know most normal people couldn't give a singular fuck less about  the death of a notorious drug using celebrity but hey, I've never been normal. This shit actually hurt my feelings.  Yes, I am hormonal and may need to consider switching birth control but I almost want to cry. I LOVES Amy Winehouse. I do. NOT. give a damn.com

Her music came into my life during a time of happiness.  I had just got my first apartment in downtown Atlanta and was getting my first taste of adulthood and independence. I used to put her CD's in (this was the time before laptops and iPhones appeared in my life) and be in my own world sketching, reading, writing and reflecting. 

Back to Black and Frank are two of my favorite albums ever. They hold me down. I always thought she'd get back in the game and come through.... for me.  I needed her. Here I am in NYC alone with all of these new experiences and obstacles and great times and shitty times and I really wanted some new Winehouse to be apart of this part of the soundtrack to my life.

Funny how people will put you on a pedestal and celebrate you but when you fall from grace they throw you away.  That's what this tragedy makes me think of.  Such a blood sucking society we live in. Perfection is a trait that has yet to be found in any human being to date. And you can't just throw a couple dollars and a rehab clinic at a problem and expect it to go away. It makes me sick that so many people assume that she was rich and because she had all of these resources she should have been able to kick her habit. I don't claim to know much about drug addiction but I'm pretty sure that sometime its deeper than the pure enjoyment of using. From her music you can tell there was more to her than that.

Fuck it, this aint for the haters.  Its for the lovers.

I fucks with Amy Winehouse, hard body.  I associate her and her music with nothing but positiviity. That's my bitch and I will love and cherish the talents she shared with me forever and always.

A few of my favorites:

Back to Black



Me and Mr.Jones



You Know That I'm No Good



Love is a Losing Game



You Sent Me Flying



Take the Box



In My Bed



Just Friends


Fuck Me Pumps



Wake Up Alone



Help Yourself





RIP Amy

No comments: