Thursday, June 14, 2012

WIth your feet in the air, your head on the ground

Balance.

I'm starting to believe that this is simply a concept and not an actual attainable thing to be had by us mere mortals.  Or at least not this mere mortal.  If my life were a balance scale, I would never be able to rest at that even point. I always find myself tipping more to one side than the other.

And the shitty part is that this is totally unintentional.  Not even desirable.  I am infinitely aware of the importance of having balance in life.  And yet I still can't seem to get the shit right.  Maybe the Sex and the City girls were right in their theory that women can never really have it all.  I mean, duh, I know that.  But like, having  healthy work, romantic, spiritual and personal relationships AT THE SAME DAMN TIME?- nope. Not  buying it any longer.

So at this moment right here my opinion is that balance is a fucking facade.  Anything that you do well will inevitably require a lot of time and commitment.  This means that other areas will have to subside, thereby be neglected.  That sounds like imbalance to me. But what do I know?

I know that I am not holding my breath on acquiring this particular figment of my imagination any time soon. And I'm not even mad about it.



No comments: